R-410A is a near azeotropic HFC refrigerant gas mixture developed as a zero ozone depleting substitute for R-22 in new HVAC equipment. Positive evaporation temperatures.
It is the internationally preferred option for new air conditioning equipment, heat pumps, etc. Unlike R-22, R-410A works at much higher pressures and only with POE synthetic oil. The great advantage of R-410A is its high cooling capacity that can be 50% higher than R-22. For this reason, smaller components can be used and more compact machines can be made compared to R-22. Copper fittings, pipes, valves, compressors, etc. must be designed to withstand the pressure increase of R-410A. Due to its working pressures, R-410A is not suitable for converting existing equipment with R-22. For this conversion, R-424A would be recommended as a drop-in replacement or R-407C as a retrofit. «
- High temperatures
- New installations
- It does not damage the ozone layer, ODP = 0.
- Only compatible with synthetic POE oils.
- Equipment can be refilled in case of leakage.
- Cooling capacity and working pressure much higher than R-22.
Global warming potential GWP (GWP) = 2088
- Boiling point at 1,013 bar (ºC): -51.58
- Temperature slip or glide (ºC): 0.1
- Saturated vapor density at 25ºC (kg / m3): 61.5
- UN number: 1078
- Safety classification: A1.Low toxicity and non-flammable.
Always charge in liquid phase